The cryptocurrency market is very young, growing at a dynamic pace and has recently begun to compete with the classic stock market of stocks and bonds.
Since stock ownership is an opportunity to participate in the companys business, the risk of losing money is less, but you can only earn 5-15% per annum, depending on the cycle.
Cryptocurrencies are easier to trade, there are no such restrictions and rules as with stocks, the investor can actively use exchange rate fluctuations to earn, but the risk of losing money increases.
Risks of trading shares:
- You can lose money when the stock price falls;
- If the company goes bankrupt, the shareholders may not return the money;
- Share prices are manipulated by big players.
Risks of cryptocurrency trading:
- Cryptocurrencies can fluctuate in large ranges, so the risk of losing money in a short time increases;
- Cryptocurrencies are not regulated by States, so the investor does not have financial protection from illegal actions;
- High risk of cracking the crypto exchange and stealing coins.
To answer the question of what is better to invest in, you need to decide on investment goals and assess your tolerance to risk. If the risk does not matter and the goal is to earn short-term, then cryptocurrency is the best choice. If the risk of loss is critical, and the task is to save and multiply the deposit for a long period of time, it is better to choose the stock market.
Summing up, no matter what strategy you use, do not forget about the principles of diversification - the distribution of the deposit to different issuers, exchanges and brokers.
Expect only long-term investments (3-5 years), Do not chase huge interest rates, remember that getting a rate of return above the market - this will be a success of investment.